Okay, who else can’t believe it’s about to be 2020?! That sounds so crazy to me.
I always love starting a new year – it’s the perfect time to set goals, readjust, and most importantly, reflect on the past year!
2019 was truly the best year of my life so far. It came with some really high highs and some painful loss, too, but overall, I’ve had some of the best experiences and lots of “firsts”!
- I planned a wedding, had lots of fun bridal showers and a bachelorette trip to NOLA where we saw Ariana Grande in concert (what!!) – one of the most fun seasons of my life.
- I GOT MARRIED to the best person I know, my best friend, the one who makes my days full of laughter and so much love.
- We went to the Dominican Republic for the honeymoon of a lifetime!
- We moved into our sweet little rental home and ate lots of take-out, watched lots of movies, and almost set the house on fire once (Michael)
- We bought our very first home! We’ve had so much fun decorating it and making it our own. We are learning a lot about being grown-ups 🙂
- I turned 25! I’m a quarter of a century years old and I have major mixed feelings about it LOL
- I got to work with some of my dream brands — Red Dress, Lulus.. I’m very hopeful about 2020!
- I’ve met some AMAZING blogger friends who lift me up and encourage me daily.
- We are more plugged in and involved at church than we’ve ever been, and it is the best. We love our church family and I’m excited about how much we are growing spiritually.
- We’ve leaned on each other during the lost of three grandparents between the two of us this year. I lost my grandfather in March and Michael was amazing through all of it, and when he lost his grandfather and grandmother within 3 months, we really leaned on each other then, too. We learned a lot about how to support a grieving spouse during those experiences.
- We have grown more and more in love in the past year than I ever knew was possible! And this is only the beginning of forever ♥
2019 was an incredible year. I have felt more like myself than I ever have in my life. I am SO pumped for 2020. My “word” for 2019 was consistent and I really think I did it! I have stuck with the blog for a year and am amazing at how much it is growing. I’m excited to keep pushing forward and following my dreams in 2020, and I’m so thankful for all of you who support me and follow along with me!
I’m not sure if I have a specific “word” for 2020 — I definitely want to keep up the consistency I started in 2019, and maybe add in some organization and direction! I want to start planning in advance so that I can really be a resource to you guys.
2020, you have some big shoes to fill! I wish you all the best year yet!
Happy New Year!