Today I’m sharing this easy holiday cookie bars recipe with you! It’s so simple, and it’s naturally gluten free! Woohoo! The best part about this recipe, is that you can make it for any holiday that has festive M&M’s. Just switch out the green and red for whatever holiday you’re baking for, and you’re all set with a fun dessert!
Click here for more holiday content, like gift guides and ideas for a cozy home! The holidays are such a fun time of year, and my favorite part is when everyone comes together. I absolutely LOVE to host friends and family in my home, especially around this time of year! Next time you are hosting, or going to a holiday party, make this easy dessert to bring with you! It travels really easily, so you can even take it when you’re traveling to family holidays! Pop it in a zip lock and you’re good to go.
Easy Holiday Cookie Bars Recipe
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup holiday m&m’s
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and peanut butter. Mix until fluffy and pale in color – about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the baking soda, quick oats, chocolate chips and m&ms.
- Dump cookie dough onto the cookie sheet and spread out. It will be sticky, so you might want to spray your hands with the non-stick spray first! I usually drop big spoonfuls all over the cookie sheet and then spread.
- Gently press more of the chocolate chips and m&m’s on top.
- Cook for 17-19 minutes. The edges will be golden brown and pulling away from the sides of the pan, but the middle might still look undercooked. That’s okay! Let them cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then cut into squares.
If you make this recipe, I would love for you to tag me on Instagram so I can see! Happy baking! ❤️